Held in the historic town of Midway, KY
(15 minutes outside Lexington, KY)
Woodford Humane Society
City of Midway Charities
Locally owned and operated by John's Run/Walk Shop
One of the Top 28 Half Marathons in the U.S. - Runner's World Magazine
- Important info on current registration numbers can be found here.
- Registration is open and is limited to 1,500 entries. Current price is only $60.
- Medal for this year's race courtesy of Always Advancing
- Jeff Galloway will be back again for the 2013 edition of the Iron Horse.
- Are you a business who wants to reach 1,500 healthy lifestyle individuals? If so then participate in our Virtual Race Bag. There is no charge to participate! Click here to get started.
- We will once again offer FREE UNLIMITED downloading of all race photos that are taken by official race photographer Tom Moran. You can still download last year's photos with the password john35.
- Brooks is once again supplying our long sleeve tech race shirts with artwork by Cricket Press. We will also sublimate the logo to keep the fabric softer and retain the wicking qualities. Ladies, please see the size chart here.
- Course map and map of Midway can be found here.
- The pre-race dinner featuring Jeff Galloway will take place on Oct 12th. You can register for the dinner at the same time you register for the race. The dinner is also open to non-participants (registration here). Jeff will also be hosting his Running School at the Clarion Hotel in Lexington on the morning of Sat, Oct 12th. More info on the school here.
- Poster for this year's race courtesy of Cricket Press
- Our Host Hotel. Ask for the $89 Iron Horse Half Marathon rate
Pictures taken along the course can be seen here.
View Larger Map